- 2018 Registration Form
- 2018 Retreat Info Brochure
- 2018 Class Catalog
- 2018 Class Schedule
- 2018 Merchandise Order Form
9/29/2017: Class Assignments have been emailed out to each registrant. We still have openings in LOTS of great classes but the following are now completely full:
- TU-OG-2 Shaker Kitten Head with Alice Ogden
- WE-TA-2 Ocean Current with Pam Talsky
- WE-FE-3 Smoke and Roses with Patty Feather
- WE-BE-7 Layla / Gabbie with Becky Bechtel
- WE-KA-6 Cherokee Market with Candace Katz
- WE-HU-9 Ishi with Debbie Hurd
- WE-BE-15 Patchouli with Becky Bechtel
- WE-TA-16 Alaskan Cedar Bangles with Pam Talsky
- WE-CI-17 Twining for the Holidays with Char Ciammaichella
- TH-OG-2 Dyed Kitten Head with Alice Ogden
- TH-FE-3 Ombre' Cross with Patty Feather
NEW FOR 2018 ... Retreat Merchandise! Open the form above to view the many items that are being offered. All items are machine embroidered - not embossed - by a local small business with the retreat logo. I know you'll be pleased with the high quality of the merchandise!
7/31/2017: The Registration Form has now been posted and registration begins tomorrow, August 1, 2017. Please read and complete the form in its entirety. Include your registration fees (check made payable to Becky Bechtel) with your Registration Form, but do NOT include your class fees at this time. You will be notified of your Class Assignments on approximately October 1, 2017 and your class fees will be due by October 31st.
7/20/2017: It's time to choose your classes! The Retreat Information Brochure, Class Catalog, and Class Schedule are now available for viewing and/or downloading by clicking on the above links highlighted in blue. Please Note ... The Registration Form is NOT available yet. It will be posted on the evening of July 31st. Registration begins by hard copy submission on 8/1/2017 and must be accompanied by your registration fees in order to be complete.
6/26/2017: The plan is for the Class Catalog, Retreat Brochure, and Class Schedule to be released for viewing on July 20, 2017. The Registration Form will be posted on the evening of July 31st. Registration Forms and Registration Fees may be submitted by hard copy only beginning on August 1, 2017.
While the venue is almost twice as large as last year, we have many more classes, and several more teachers, registrations may still be limited and a waiting list may end up happening. It's hard to predict in an event's 2nd year but if interest is any indication, I encourage you to register early to assure that you have a spot.
6/1/2017: Classes from the following teachers will be offered:
- Patty Feather - Traditional Reed Basketry
- Pam Talsky - Antler Weaving, Pine Needle Coiling, and Yellow Cedar Plaiting
- Char Ciammaichella - Traditional Reed Basketry
- Debbie Mroczenski - Traditional Reed Basketry and Specialty Paper
- Debbie Hurd - Traditional Reed Basketry
- Julie Kleinrath - Traditional Reed Basketry
- Tonya Cubeta - Waxed Linen and Hamburg Cane Weaving
- Denise Bendelewski - Nantucket Baskets
- Alice Ogden - Black Ash Basketry
- Candace Katz - Traditional Reed Basketry
- Becky Bechtel - Traditional Reed Basketry
5/15/2017: The teachers and classes for the 2018 Weaving in the Sunshine State basket weaving retreat have been selected. Many thanks to each teacher that submitted proposals - they were all amazing and we wish we could have chosen every single one of them! The Class Catalog and Brochure are being prepared and will be posted when it's complete. Registration for the 2018 event will begin late summer and the application will be posted here also. It's going to be an amazing event so save the dates and plan to be there!
3/30/3017: Teacher applications are now available for those who wish to submit to teach at the 2018 weaving retreat. Teachers may submit as many proposals (in separate electronic email submissions) as they choose. Applications are due April 30, 2017. Selected teachers will be notified mid-May, 2017.
Plans are underway for the 2018 Weaving in the Sunshine State basket weaving retreat! Woohoo! The dates and venue have been set. So mark your calendars and plan to join us.
The Dates: January 23 - 25, 2018
A block of rooms have already been held back for us at an amazing $149 (double queen or king room) rate. A link for booking rooms at this rate will be provided once registration is open. The hotel is conveniently located to several restaurants and shops. An airport shuttle from the Ft. Myers airport (RSW) is available.
I'll continue to post details as time progresses. I expect registration to be open late summer.
BASKET WEAVING RETREAT: The inaugural Weaving in the Sunshine State basket weaving retreat was a HUGE success and I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for their support, participation, donations, and attendance. If you weren't there, you missed out on a great time and I hope you'll plan to join us for the 2018 retreat.